Wednesday 16 June 2010

Pushkin Journey

well Iwrote along post and clicked publish and it's vanished. There's just the beginning of a post. I don't know where it's gone so I'll rewrite it.The book Pushkin sent me was 'The Inheritance'. I spent so long contemplating the outward appearance of the book I almost forgot to read it.Pushkin books are beautifully produced. They are like a work of art.
The story as the title indicates is about an inheritance. Daniel Loew is apoet living in London. His uncle aho lives in Caracas has always promised him all his money when he dies.This happens but Daniel discovers that nothing is simple. Uncle appointed (or did he) an executor from Caracas-a close friend of the uncle.The book is about the struggles to obtain the inheritance.
Daniel made a frien there called Otto.Otto sums up the situation ' You need to set priorities in life,my dear fellow.Your uncle has left you nothing but trouble". Read the book and see if it is true. It is written by Peter Stephan Jungk.Originally 'Die Erbschaft' It is a translation from German and I do wonder if the less interesting, more pedantic writng is as a result of translation.I musttry and find it in german and see. Now I hope this will publish and not vanish.

No comments: