Monday 6 October 2008

Monday again

Yesterday was rather wet and I got stuck into my reading and forgot to blog or read my e-mails.A book which will vie for number one position this year is 'Stargazer' Linda Gillard> This is the story of a blind girl, who one day drops her keys in the snow and can't find them. A young man helps her and they become friends.His main home is on Skye and he invites Marianne to his home because he wants her to 'see' the stars.how is she going to do that ?He relates sights to music. Marianne is a keen music lover. This enables her to' see'.This is a also a romance so naturally there have to be difficulties which are resolved by the end.My favourite description is of Moonlight.
Moonlight?It's eerie like cold,still water....You know when there's a mist in Edinburgh and the air is full of vapour? You feel like you're breathing water.The air's clammy and it seeps into your clothes, into your bones. That's a bit like moonlight. cold And mysterious..It can look very beautiful or sinister.
Paper back version p 80-81
Today it isn't raining but it's cold and damp. I think autumn is becoming winter quite quickly this year. I've just had my 'flu' jab always a sign of winter precautions. Also have begun putting summer clothes into their winter home. Now I begin to buy for Xmas. If I start early I manage to buy nice things. Later and the money runs out if there is too much at once.
Bought a book on Saturday. It's the only paper back version I've seen of Dumas 'The Last Cavalier'. It is a late find apparently.
Today did a little trawl of the charity shops.I bought 'The Tower' Manfredi 99p. I really like his books. Then I went to Oxfam and they were 'doing buy one get one free on their hardbacks. So I bought 'hemingways Chair Michael Palin.Deafening Frances Itani,The Money Box. Margaret Forster and Triumph of the sun Wilbur Smith.SO 4 BOOKS FOR £2.00. How good is that!!!
The next rainy day the great book sorting out will begin- a daunting task.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning STAR GAZING on your blog, Wormauld. I'm the author! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. You can read about my other books on my website - see www.lindagillard.co.uk

You might be interested in my first novel EMOTIONAL GEOLOGY. The heroine is bipolar.

Happy reading!