Sunday 16 November 2008

sunday

here we are again. I haven't done much reading this week. Have had really bad arthritis which always is worse with changeable weather. It means that using fingers hurts both them and my shoulders.
However, I've heard some lovely music. when Virgin took over Telewest, Branson fell out with Sky and we lost all those programmes but from Thursday it's back but with the added joy of the two Sky Arts progs. One is modern and the other classical so I've heard some Wagner, Verdi and Mozart in the last few days.On Thursdays there is a new BOokk prog. led by Mariella Frostrupp. This week's guests were Martina Cole, Michael Dobbs and Sandy Tostvig.At the end there was a slot where they had to say which character from Literature they'd like to be.Most enjoyable.
christmas is nearly on us which also leaves less time to read but I hope to be able to read more this week and report back next Sunday.

1 comment:

Cheryl Tardif said...

Your blog is very enjoyable. I look forward to reading it more often.

Also, I really hope your arthritis gets more bearable, especially with winter on its way. I suffer from chronic joint pain and it can be...well, a bit of a pain. I live in Edmonton, Alberta, and the cold winters here just makes me ache from head to toe some days.

Take care!

Cheryl Kaye Tardif,
author of Whale Song, The River and Divine Intervention
www.cherylktardif.com