Friday 11 July 2008

in Suffolk

Well I eventually arrived in Ipswich on Wednesday but what a day to travel! I don't think the rain stop even for a minute and yet yesterday was so different.we do have a rich variety of weather.
I read 'The Nativity' by Geza Vermes. He is a Professor at I believe Oxford and also a Jew so that is the angle he approaches Jesus. In this book he discusses the differences and discrepancies between the Gospels of Luke and Matthew. He seems to conclude that the Nativity stories were'add-ons' rather than intrinsic parts of the Gospels.I found it very interesting to think about issues he raises. I have never thought that Mary was forever virgin and therefore so was Joseph. I think my Church(I'm RC) has always had a problem with sex and sexuality and not acknowledging that Jesus had brothers and sisters is one manifestation of this.
Now reading one of my cousin's books. She is a properly qualified psychotherapist/Counselor.This is one of those books which seems to suggest all illness is caused by ones self which is very dangerous and not true, I think attitude can affect the severity and duration of an illness but on the whole I don't think imbalance in the soul causes all illnesses.

No comments: