Thursday 4 September 2008

rain

More rain again today. I wonder if anyone else finds it hard to motivate themselves in the rain. this morning I was so cold I put my heating on for a while seemed awful to do that in Sept.brighton on tuesday was the wettest in three years so we can't complain. there were only 6 of us on the bus. still we all had a good time. It's really nice to breath fresh air.
I've been having a 'lack of concentration' period so have taken up reading Nora Roberts in her JD Robb incarnation. These books are set in the future around 2056 and are really well written, have interesting plots and over the series the characters develop and we find out snippets of their past in each book.
Monday I trawled the charity shops in Crawley and found a brand new Brideshead for a £1. Mine is very tatty and then a new copy of 'the Post birthday world' Lionel shriver 50p and 'the memory Keepers Daughter' also 50p. Some people when given books as presents seem to just run down to the charity shop without even opening them. In our Oxfam I saw an unopened as in unread and with no creases on the spine'Larks rise' with the inscription mother's day 2008. it did quite horrify me. Hope the daughter doesn't live locally.
Now going to pop over to random and see what she's up to. I love blogs but i find everyone is more interesting than I am. I wonder if \I should continue and then I do if only to practise my typing. i must try to buy a scanner so that I can liven up the appearance of the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you do continue to blog as I have enjoyed your comments. I have in the past had problems posting comments.