Wednesday 12 March 2008

wednesday

Received a lovely book from Guy at Newbooks and also 2 from Hesperus. I have been having one of my 'bad ' days so they lifted my spirits. i've written to Cambridge Press to see if they will send me some Academic books to review. Lots of us review fiction but few Non fiction. have a brilliant book from Pimlico by charles freeman one of my favourite Historians. More later.
If you like an intellectual thriller then do read 'The Shakespeare Secret' J E Carrell. She a professor of Shakespearian studies in the US and this book pursues most excitingly two secrets. A new play and who was Shakespeare. Both quests are interesting and the book is very well written. So folks do go and read it if you can.
MOstly I'm writing this blog to myself it feels but never mind. Dovegreyreader mailed about my 2007 reading. It was hard to choose although I do read lots of detective novels which go quickly and are more for relaxation.Must go now and engage with Mr D'arcy. I have several to read as well as Diana, which shall be first and the standard by which others are judged.
Would be nice if my son nd daughter read this and left a comment. HaHa

1 comment:

harriet said...

My friends and family do not read my blog, never mind leaving comments! And I know I have many visitors who never comment at all. I enjoy your blog so don't be disheartened by the silences.