Thursday 1 May 2008

lethargy

I have been suffering from computer burnout. I just couldn't gather enthusiasm to either blog or do my emails. Think that has passed now.I hope so.Yesterday I finished reading or rather bro wsing Lisa Appignanesi's'Mad,bad and Sad' about mental illness and the female.I found it a book to browse rather than read straight through. It is also very long.On balance I prefer Elaine Showalter's 'The Female Malady', which also deals with 'Hysteria' and how women were regarded as mentally delicate.Just another way for men to try and control us methinks.
Light reading has been Martin Edwards. I have read as many of his thrillers as I could find in the library. He has two series, one with Harry Devlin and another with Hannah. a DCI in a cold case department.I found the Harry D's to be the most exciting.I do hope he's planning to write more.
Mary. I'm really enjoying 'Triumph' and shall blog about it later.I'm also reading 381 AD Charles freeman's latest, which the publishers kindly sent me. This has some controversial thinking so I must think carefully before I blog.
The weather is ghastly but ,as usual on Tuesdays I went to Brighton. It was wet a first but then the sun came out. The sight and feel of sun makes so much difference to one's morale. The sea was really rough. A rough sea is a magnificent sight, preferably from the shore and not a boat.

No comments: