Wednesday 7 May 2008

wednesday

Well Brighton was lovely yesterday. it makes so much difference when the sun shines.I read a strange book over the weekend 'Lady in Blue' xavier Sierra. the Lady was a nun who could bi locate. that is her body was in a convent but she also appeared in New Mexico and converted the Indians. It was interesting but then ended very abruptly. I hate it when books do that. In physics it is known that photons can split and theoretically teletransportation is possible but They can't work out how to put the photons together again So teleports as in Star Trek whilst theoretically possible would in effect disintegrate the people or thing being transported.Fascinating stuff much more interesting than the physics taught in schools.
I must learn to make this blog look more attractive too. I shall see whether there's a programme to teach me.
Besides Diana Birchall's D'arcy I read two more D'arcy books both called D'Arcey's diary and neither of the quality od Diana's. Amanda Grange begins with D'Arcy's sister eloping with Wickham and continue from there but it didn't grab my interest and the other one I didn't even read passed page 2. it was by Maya someone.
Also read one more Bulgakov, Fatal Eggd, which I'll review for Hesperus. it seems to me that one needs to have a really wide and deep knowledge of Russia to really appreciate B. So much of what he writes is metaphor for something else especially Stalin and Readers like myself miss quite a lot.Nevertheless, F Eggs is quite funny. I can't say why the eggs were fatal it would spoil the book.

No comments: