Monday 5 May 2008

pensees

nice pretensious title. 'blogo ergo sum'. I missed Sunday salon again. The unexpected heat has addled my brain plus I've been giving my young neighbours some peace by taking the little ones up the park behind my house. Hadyn is just one and Lauren will be three on Thursday. She is very bright but it's hectic making sure no one falls on their head and has 'fair wore me out'. I think we're going again later.
Have read the latest Sue Grafton 'T is for Trespass' or tosh!! I'm finding with these long running series that the characters don't grow and I was really disappointed with this book.
Also dipped into 'Miss herbert' Adam Thirlwell with grateful thanks to my book pillow because it's a tome. It's one I shall buy in paperback because there are things to comment on.The book is about translation and style and I'm very interested in translation. I do some myself and it's hard to retain style and substance.
Also read a very brave book Diana Athill's 'Somewhere towards the End'. She is 89 and both looks back over her life and forward to what inevitably will be death yet this isn't a morbid book but very positive.There's also hope for those of us who might like to write;She was 70 odd before her writing really took off and was published.
My May resolution is top blog every day if I can. That is a challenge.

No comments: