Sunday 18 May 2008

Sunday salon

It was lovely to hear from you Megan and Fay.I haven't found out hopw to reply to your post yet but I shall in time. I didn't realise I hadn't blogged this week but it has been so hyperactive I ve not read a book . I like to read a newspaper and I've done that but that's all. this weekend I've been listening to the Chopin on radio 3. It has included piece and poems I have never heard. He ha d a huge out put considering how ill he was and how young he died.
Have been trying to finish a translation for a friend but still have some left to do. I shall try to finish it today.
Have been pleased to see that Vanora Bennett has a new book out. I have read what she has written so far and have been very impressed.
Sent a reviewlet to Hesperus about 'Fatal Eggs' by Bulgakov.I have now read all I could get hold of but must say He's hard work except Eggs which his scifi book and is quite amusing. To write more would spoil the book.I do think because so much of what he writes is metaphor that one needs a huge knowledge of the Revolution and Stalin's Russia to understand everything He wants to convey.Hope everyone has a good Sunday. There's a cold wind here in East Surrey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a cold wind here in the West Midlands as well, but like you I'm keeping warm with the Chopin. Thank goodness for Radio 3.

Fay Sheco said...

Vanora Bennett was unknown to me. I just went to her web site and found that she writes historical novels, which is one of my reading threads this past year or so. Figures in Silk looks tempting.

Megan said...

The weather was almost too hot to handle. Sounds like you found something nice on the radio. I found a new song lately that reminds me of one of Robert Frost's and I am hoping to do a post about it at some point.

As far as replying, you can always reply in your own comments or check out our blogs and reply to one of our posts. My email is also on my blogger profile page. Feel free to contact me any way you like, or not. :)

Fay Sheco said...

Daphne, I appreciate that you do not post plot spoilers. It's the main reason that I prefer some bloggers to most newspaper & magazine reviewers. They seem to think they have to tell you the whole story in their review. I'd rather hear it from the author.